Interested to help at the SETAC Europe 29th Annual Meeting?
SETAC Europe is looking for students willing to assist on site during the SETAC Europe 29th Annual Meeting in Helsinki, Finland. Assistance activities include practical assistance in session rooms, meeting rooms, delegate registrations, presentation upload, signposting, awards, photography and more.
Candidates should preferably meet the following criteria:
- Have affinity with the field of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry;
- Be available for 12 hours/day in the period between Saturday 26 and Thursday 30 May (main activities between 7:00 – 18:00 o’clock, occasionally also in the evening. Volunteers will work in teams to split the day);
- Master the English language;
- Have a cooperative and respectable attitude;
- If they have submitted an abstract and they will present at the meeting, this will be taken into account when planning their work schedule.
Conference assistants will receive the following compensation for their activities:
- Free conference registration for the annual meeting in 2019 AND in 2020;
- One year free membership of SETAC;
- Free ticket for the student party in 2019;
- Free accommodation in shared dorm rooms (hostel);
- An exciting time in an inspiring environment!
Read in the SETAC Globe article what former volunteers say about their experiences.
SETAC is looking for approximately 24 motivated students. Please take note that if we receive a high number of candidates, we will need to make a selection. In this case students from Europe will be given preference.
Please submit an application via our online portal, fill out all necessary fields and upload a short CV including a picture and a brief motivation letter of no more than one page each.
Volunteer application is now closed!
Applicants will be informed before 31 January 2019.
For further questions, please contact Rebecca Bundschuh